The Red Springs Citizen was established as a weekly newspaper in 1889, going by the name The Scottish Chief at that time.?The paper has moved from different locations in downtown Red Springs and is presently located at 131 South Main Street, on the corner of South Main and East Fourth Avenue, in Red Springs, North Carolina.
The Red Springs Citizen publishes once a week, on Wednesdays, with a circulation of approximately 850. The paper has had several owners and was purchased in 1992 by Stewart McLeod who then sold it in October 2005 to Heartland Publications, LLC. Heartland also owns two other newspapers in Robeson County – The St. Pauls Review, a weekly, and The Robesonian, a Lumberton daily. All three newspapers, as well as the Bladen Journal, a twice-weekly newspaper in Bladen County also owned by Heartland Corporation, are published on The Robesonian’s 10-unit Goss Community Press. For more information about the Red Springs Citizen, please email us at RSCitizen@embarqmail.com or call us at 910-843-4631