Rescued animals await reunions
FEMA officials ready to offer help
City water almost completely restored
Pumps clearing way to water plant
Lumberton trying to tap into county water
- Hudson promises growers help in wake of Matthew - 2:30 pm
- Red Springs hires agency to help with FEMA process - 1:13 pm
- Rescued animals await reunions - 2:23 pm
- Church, nonprofit pairs up to help flood victims - 10:10 am
- FEMA officials ready to offer help - 4:38 pm
- Little things help victims cope - 2:54 pm
- Early voting begins on schedule Thursday - 1:06 pm
- Fuller’s cooking up reopening - 4:48 pm
- City water almost completely restored - 3:42 pm
- Man sought in weekend shooting death - 1:48 pm
- I-95 now open through Robeson County - 1:06 pm
- Lumberton restores some water service; residents should conserve, boil water - 6:08 pm
- View Story - 5:59 pm updated: 2:36 pm.
- DOT: No timeline for I-95 reopening - 6:39 pm
- Housing top priority when recovery starts - 5:55 pm
- Schools assessing damage; Lowry to provide report today - 4:40 pm
- Pumps clearing way to water plant - 3:47 pm
- Matthew hits agriculture hard - 3:14 pm
- Fairmont to hold meeting on Matthew - 1:30 pm
- Red Cross managing shelters - 1:20 pm updated: 5:41 pm.
- DMV steering people to website - 12:09 pm
- Safeguarding pecan trees from pests - 10:32 pm
- Burr drops in - 7:37 pm
- Dark Rising concert Saturday to gather supplies for Matthew victims - 7:17 pm
- Matthew causes sewage spill in Fairmont - 7:14 pm
- Lumberton trying to tap into county water - 6:40 pm
- Trash pickup getting back on schedule - 6:18 pm
- FEMA stocks city firefighters with water - 5:45 pm
- Maxton, St. Pauls, Rowland bouncing back - 9:31 am
- Parkton experiences sewage spill - 8:48 am
- GoFundMe sites to benefit victim - 9:49 pm
- School might be out for awhile - 7:34 pm
- 14 fire department to distribute water, food - 6:12 pm
- Muncipalities stuggle in storm’s aftermath - 9:19 am
- McCrory: Robeson residents ‘resilient’ after Matthew - 7:34 pm
- River beginning slow pull back - 9:52 am
- Rescuers come to the add of animals as well - 6:26 pm
- City making progress on restoring electricity, water - 4:28 pm
- Highway Patrol releases info on officer-involved shooting - 1:58 pm
- Robeson officially a disaster - 12:30 pm
- Matthew closes major roads in and around Robeson County - 3:11 pm
- City could get power by Wednesday; wait will be longer in county - 1:39 pm
- School board meets on Tuesday - 8:01 am
- Matthew floods Robeson, knocks out power - 4:44 pm
- Permit sought for after-school program - 4:01 pm
- Discounted tickets available for lip sync - 10:49 am
- Flash flood warning in effect for Robeson - 10:11 am
- Discount offered for rabies shots - 9:29 am
- Lumberton airport wins grant to build new terminal - 8:41 am
- Robeson County crime report - 4:00 pm
Man sought in weekend shooting death
LUMBERTON — Lumberton police are looking for a 23-year-old man they believe shot and killed an 18-year-old near Cooper Street on Saturday.Accord...
I-95 now open through Robeson County
LUMBERTON — Interstate 95 in Robeson County has reopened after damage from Hurricane Matthew shuttered miles of the busy highway.According to th...
Lumberton restores some water service; residents should conserve, boil water
LUMBERTON — Water service has been restored to some parts of Lumberton as crews make repairs to the city’s water plant, which was flooded ...
LUMBERTON — School will remain closed through Wednesday for Public Schools of Robeson County students.Robeson students had the past week off bec...
DOT: No timeline for I-95 reopening
LUMBERTON — North Carolina Department of Transportation officials say they do not know when Interstate 95 will be open through Lumberton.DOT spo...
Housing top priority when recovery starts
LUMBERTON — Robeson County has great challenges ahead as hurricane rescue and response turns into relief and recovery.With more than 5,000 peopl...
McGirt misses 54-hole cut, finishes 5 under
LA QUINTA, Calif. — Jason Dufner had a good feeling when he made the turn Saturday at La Quinta Country Club in the third round of the CareerBui...
Playing with an edge
RED SPRINGS — Whether he’s snatching rebounds, diving on loose balls, or powering his way to the basket, Eric Graham is relentless on the ...
Fairmont boys stay perfect, Lady Mustangs bounce back
Williams posts double-double as Fairmont boys stay perfectBehind a double-double from Alshaquan Williams, the Fairmont boys basketball team claimed an...
UNC beats Wake despite poor shooting
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina got away with Marcus Paige having one of his lowest-scoring games because Brice Johnson came through with one of hi...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
Revels-LocklearLori and Furman Oxendine, of Dunn, and Darwin Revels, of Pembroke, announce the engagement of their daughter, Angelique Revels, to Benj...
City making progress on restoring electricity, water
LUMBERTON — The city is making progress toward restoring water and electrical services to its residents following the devastation of Hurricane M...
Lumberton-based doctor tends to needy in Dominican Republic
LUMBERTON — Dr. David Dalsimer was looking for a way to give back, a way to use his skills and education to aid those in need. Dalsimer found hi...
Britt-KempAnne Christopher Britt and Travis Freeman Kemp, both of Lumberton, were married at 5 p.m. on Oct. 1 at First Presbyterian Church in Lumberto...
Britt-MeyersJennifer Francis Britt, of Orrum, and Charles Justin Meyers, of Little River, S.C., were united in marriage at 4 p.m. on July 31 at Vinela...
Stephens-HensleyHeather Marie Stephens, of Greensboro, and Daniel Peter Hensley, also of Greensboro, were united in marriage at 2 p.m. on June 4 at Ga...
New Panera Bread opens in Lumberton
LUMBERTON — Panera Bread got off to a quick start when the bakery and cafe opened its doors for the first time on Wednesday at 6 a.m. to a crowd...
‘Step outside the box’ with Robeson 4-H
We have all heard the saying “step outside the box” or “step out of your comfort zone.”Well, the Robeson County 4-H Program gi...
Crossroads buys Lumberton Ford-Lincoln
LUMBERTON — After 60 years in business, Lumberton Ford-Lincoln has been sold to the Crossroads Automotive Group of Wake Forest.The deal was stru...
Testing soil can save money, optimize yields
In today’s economy, consumers are always looking for ways to save money. One of the most practical ways to save money is to have your soil teste...
Woody’s Bar-B-Q to open in Lumberton
LUMBERTON — Barbecue enthusiasts have another choice to look forward to when Woody’s Bar-B-Q opens next month.A year ago, husband-wife tea...
Rouzer to co-host economic summit
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The North Carolina congressional delegation will co-host the 2016 North Carolina Business & Economic Development Summit t...