Bill puts Carolina bay in park system
Fairmont sees delay in receiving FEMA money
Crossing helped planned at Lumberton High
Man charged in 2014 murder
Florita out as Pembroke police chief
- Bill puts Carolina bay in park system - 8:41 am
- Schools get stuck with $15K bill for attorney’s fee - 8:12 am
- Payne killer admits her guilt - 7:43 am
- Fairmont sees delay in receiving FEMA money - 8:07 am
- Crossing helped planned at Lumberton High - 8:01 am
- Man charged in 2014 murder - 6:38 pm
- Florita out as Pembroke police chief - 5:52 pm
- Campbell chastises pair on school offer - 8:24 am
- Precious lessons found in the Lord’s vineyard - 3:00 pm
- Tribe steps up for vets - 8:01 am
- Commissioners get look at audit Monday - 8:01 am
- County floats BB&T building as schools option - 4:54 pm
- Lejeune vets could have bad-water claims - 4:31 pm
- SRMC work to close street section until 2018 - 3:50 pm
- One Million Cups gathers Wednesday at RCC - 12:13 pm
- Theos provides a West Indian flavor - 10:19 am
- Schools honor 3 employees - 9:47 am
- 2015 marijuana seizure triggered probe - 7:20 pm
- Pell Grants help defray high cost of education - 5:09 pm
- Pittenger: Trump didn’t mean an actual wall - 3:55 pm updated: 3:55 pm.
- Book smart - 3:07 pm
- Woman attacked by 2 dogs at UNC Hospitals - 2:10 pm
- Tribe-owned business inks deal with Marine Corps - 8:01 am
- Man guilty of UNC professor’s murder - 7:20 am
- 20 more flu deaths reported - 7:17 am
Commissioners get look at audit Monday
LUMBERTON — The Robeson County Board of Commissioners will get a look at the county’s audit for the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2016, ...
County floats BB&T building as schools option
LUMBERTON — Robeson County commissioners have for years considered the former BB&T building on Chestnut Street as the ideal site for locatin...
Lejeune vets could have bad-water claims
LUMBERTON — The Robeson County Veterans Service Office is looking for veterans who may be among those exposed to contaminants in the water suppl...
SRMC work to close street section until 2018
LUMBERTON — A construction project at Southeastern Regional Medical Center to relocate and upgrade the hospital’s operating room suite wil...
One Million Cups gathers Wednesday at RCC
LUMBERTON — The next meeting of One Million Cups will be held Wednesday from 8 to 9 a.m. at Robeson Community College.The meeting will be held i...
McGirt misses 54-hole cut, finishes 5 under
LA QUINTA, Calif. — Jason Dufner had a good feeling when he made the turn Saturday at La Quinta Country Club in the third round of the CareerBui...
Playing with an edge
RED SPRINGS — Whether he’s snatching rebounds, diving on loose balls, or powering his way to the basket, Eric Graham is relentless on the ...
Fairmont boys stay perfect, Lady Mustangs bounce back
Williams posts double-double as Fairmont boys stay perfectBehind a double-double from Alshaquan Williams, the Fairmont boys basketball team claimed an...
UNC beats Wake despite poor shooting
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina got away with Marcus Paige having one of his lowest-scoring games because Brice Johnson came through with one of hi...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
Music, dialogue reveal past and help plan future
PEMBROKE — Sociology, social work, history and psychology have been the traditional vehicles for discussing social justice, but two musicians ha...
UNC Pembroke guest artists to hold free concert
LAURINBURG — A variety of music spanning several centuries will be presented next month when Chris Foster and Mark Andersen, guest artists at Th...
‘Dreamcoat’ coming to RCC
LUMBERTON — Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is coming to the A.D. Lewis Theatre on the campus of Robeson Community College from Thu...
Morrow and Madden
Mr. and Mrs. Mark L. Madden of Lumberton announce the engagement of their daughter, Morgan Leigh Madden of Longs, South Carolina, to Sean Michael Morr...
Ballen and Jones
Luis Gutierrez Delgado of Dosquebradas, Colombia, and Maria Ballen, of Pereira, Colombia announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their dau...
DAR chapter announces essay contest winners
LUMBERTON — Aspiring writers had their efforts rewarded recently when the Colonel Thomas Robeson Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolu...
Edwards Jones makes ‘best’ list
ST. LOUIS — Financial services firm Edward Jones, which has a branch in Lumberton, ranks fifth on the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work Fo...
Metcon honored for 2 school projects
PEMBROKE — A Robeson County-based construction firm has earned recognition for its joint venture with another North Carolina firm.Engineering Ne...
Walter attends Edward Jones workshop
LUMBERTON — Mary Jo Walter, an Edward Jones financial advisor in Lumberton, recently attended the Edward Jones second annual Women’s Confe...
Jimmy John’s provide another deli choice
LUMBERTON — Fans of deli styled sandwiches have another dining choice in the area, Jimmy John’s Sandwiches, and the restaurant will bring ...
Lawyers partner on long-term care
LUMBERTON — Two attorneys specializing in issues affecting the elderly have established a partnership.Diane Surgeon, who has represented people ...