Schools hire state group to aid search
Graham first to announce run for sheriff
‘I think these are Jews’
Pair produce for affected families
Sun shines on public schools
- Schools job advertised - 8:42 am updated: 3:09 pm.
- Man charged with thefts - 6:36 pm
- View Story - 6:16 pm
- Show on Friday to benefit flood victims - 6:13 pm
- Schools hire state group to aid search - 8:27 am
- Fairmont OKs bid for sewer work - 7:55 am
- Graham first to announce run for sheriff - 7:45 am
- Maxton to spend $12K to demolish eyesore - 6:41 am
- Fairmont moves meeting to Heritage Center - 9:01 am
- Grant sought to expand Family Treatment Court - 8:06 am
- Cleanup planned Saturday in South Lumberton - 7:16 am
- View Story - 1:27 pm
- Robeson Countyman dies in fire - 9:03 am
- Incubator to hold start-up competition - 2:39 pm
- Split Robeson board begins search for superintendent - 2:02 pm
- ‘I think these are Jews’ - 10:25 am
- Housing options detailed Monday - 10:18 am
- Grant sought for substance-abuse help - 10:04 am
- UNCP partnership quickens path to teaching degree - 9:04 am
- Downtown plan unveiled Feb. 28 - 5:32 pm
- RCC instructor honored for trauma work - 5:26 pm
- Pair produce for affected families - 5:19 pm
- Sun shines on public schools - 9:18 am
- ‘These four ladies are heroes’ - 8:17 am
- Tribal Council OKs Godwin’s pick for administrator - 7:24 am
Grant sought to expand Family Treatment Court
LUMBERTON — Robeson County’s successful Family Treatment Court could become even better if a federal grant to expand the program is awarde...
Cleanup planned Saturday in South Lumberton
LUMBERTON — Helping hands are being sought for work on Saturday that is intended to clean up and beautify one of the areas hit hardest by Hurric...
Special events St. John Baptist Church in Shannon will have a black history program at 3 p.m. on Sunday featuring World War II Tuskegee airman, the Re...
Robeson Countyman dies in fire
LUMBERTON — A Robeson County man was killed and his wife was injured Friday in a fire at their home on U.S. 301 between Lumberton and Rowland.Ac...
Incubator to hold start-up competition
PEMBROKE — The Thomas Center for Entrepreneurship and UNC Pembroke Incubator will hold a Chancellor’s Challenge start-up competition on Ap...
McGirt misses 54-hole cut, finishes 5 under
LA QUINTA, Calif. — Jason Dufner had a good feeling when he made the turn Saturday at La Quinta Country Club in the third round of the CareerBui...
Playing with an edge
RED SPRINGS — Whether he’s snatching rebounds, diving on loose balls, or powering his way to the basket, Eric Graham is relentless on the ...
Fairmont boys stay perfect, Lady Mustangs bounce back
Williams posts double-double as Fairmont boys stay perfectBehind a double-double from Alshaquan Williams, the Fairmont boys basketball team claimed an...
UNC beats Wake despite poor shooting
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina got away with Marcus Paige having one of his lowest-scoring games because Brice Johnson came through with one of hi...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
Design meets downward dog in new yoga mats
While comfortable clothes and the right teacher are important, a cool mat can make yoga more enticing and enjoyable.Forget that plain, boring slab of ...
Deese joins staff of Lumberton Children’s Clinic
LUMBERTON — Dr. Adrian Jacobs Deese has joined the staff of the Lumberton Children’s Clinic, according to a news release from ChildrenR...
Quaker group marks centennial with ‘Waging Peace’ exhibit
PHILADELPHIA — The American Friends Service Committee is celebrating 100 years of nonviolent activism with an exhibition, “Waging Peace,...
Robeson County native joins dance troupe on GPAC stage
PEMBROKE — A hometown girl will be among those tapping their way across the stage at Givens Performing Arts Center when young dancers perform th...
Kiwanis schedules pancake festival for Jan. 20, 21
LUMBERTON — The Kiwanis Club of Robeson-Lumberton will hold its 54th annual Pancake Festival on Jan. 20 and Jan. 21 at the Bill Sapp Recreation ...
Money flows out of, not into, rural counties
Donald Trump’s election has moved the national dialogue to the topic of jobs. This is great news for Robeson County and all of the other places ...
Jackson joins Century 21
LUMBERTON — Hester Jackson has joined the Century 21 — The Real Estate Center as a sales associate. Jackson will specialize in residential...
Locklear new chairman of Lumberton chamber
LUMBERTON — The gavel was passed during the recent gala of the Lumberton Chamber of Commerce as Al Locklear became the chairman of its board of ...
Chick-fil-A opens at UNC Pembroke
PEMBROKE — Students at The University of North Carolina at Pembroke began lining up a half hour before the doors opened at Chick-fil-A. The sign...
Registration deadline is Friday for cotton program
RED SPRINGS — Cotton growers are invited to a program on Tuesday to learn more about production.Guy Collins, Extension cotton specialist ...